Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Another Paper Fundamentals layout.

I LOVE Close To My Heart's NEW Paper Fundamentals. Along with a sheet of Fundamentals, I used some die cutting tools to bring this layout together.
 I used some Impression Obsession cat die cuts for this border of Desert Sand cats. I edged each of them with Cocoa ink, then lined them up to create a border. The "LOVE" is cut from Artiste in Sky cardstock, then stamped with an image from, Distressed Backgrounds, in Desert Sand ink. I wanted to tone down the blue a bit, but still have something to pick up the blue in the cat's eyes.

I added Hemp Bakers Twine and the sentiment shape is also cut from Artiste. It is also first stamped with the same image from, Distressed Backgrounds, before I used our Journaling pen. I also added Green Epoxy Dots to pick up a bit of the green in my white cat's, Sasha's eye. She had one blue and one green eye and was a very special cat.
This close up shows a few more of the embellishment details. I mounted the photo on Desert Sand cardstock and along with "Love" are both on foam squares for more dimension.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Paper Fundamentals
Cardstock: Sky; Desert Sand; White Daisy
Stamp: Distressed Backgrounds
Ink: Desert Sand; Black Journalling pen
Embellishments: Hemp Bakers Twine; Green Epoxy Dots
Tools: Artiste Cricut cartridge
Other: Impression Obsession Cats

6 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    This is a fabulous layout - I love the details! Your kitties are adorable, too! Sasha is beautiful with the two different color eyes. I think that is fascinating! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorably creative. What sweet kittens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice page. I love the cat border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitty border is awesome! Did your cats actually pose that way?? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet page for a sweet story! Love your cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will admit I purchased the die of the kitty border off eBay! Thanks for showing one way to use it. Love the kitties, now if only I could get all mine to sit still for a photo...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!