Monday, July 21, 2014

Masking Technique

I am still working on using up some of my retired papers before I can show you some of the fabulous creations I've made with paper from our NEW Annual Inspirations Idea Book. This card shows one of my favourite techniques, masking.
I have used Clementine patterned paper and a zip strip from Claire. The cardstock is Sorbet and Cocoa, along with Colonial White.

Now for the "Masking" Technique. I inked up this flower from retired, You Only Live Once and stamped it in the left corner. I also stamped one on a sticky note. I cut the image from the sticky note, then covered over the first flower I stamped. I inked the flower twice more and stamped on either side of the first image. When you remove the sticky note, it looks as though the first image is in front of any others stamped. I stamped the sentiment over top with Cocoa ink, then added some Stardust Glitz.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Paper: retired Clementine & Claire
Stamp: retired You Only Live Once
Cardstock: Colonial White; Cocoa; Sorbet
Ink: Sorbet; Cocoa; Desert Sand
Embellishments: Stardust Glitz


2 comments:

  1. I think you and I must have had equal love for Clementine. I still love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card. Really like the cluster of flowers with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!