Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Flower Power

I am experiencing overwhelming flower power. I have been doing a lot of flower watercolouring and enjoying all of the flowers blooming in my yard. Then there are the awesome cherry blossom trees, lighting streets up with their delicate pink blooms in the thousands, in full bloom around town. Just to add to it, here in Victoria we are gearing up for our annual flower count. We like to share how many blooms there are here, while usually the rest of Canada is sharing their cold temperatures including wind chill!

Here is the 3rd set of blooms, in my watercolour card set, using Scaredy Cat. 
This card has lovely Gold Bling Gems and the sentiment is from, Say It In Style. The patterned paper is from Scaredy Cat along with Pixie; Thistle; Sunset; Slate and Colonial White cardstock. The Thistle cardstock is stamped with coordinating ink with an image from Assorted Edges. The flowers are from A Budding Friendship.

The flowers have been watercoloured with Creme Brulee; Sunset and Thistle ink. The leaves were coloured with New England Ivy; Pear and Lagoon.

The 3 watercoloured flower cards I've now finished showing are available for you to make on
Tues, Feb 24th from 6 - 8:30pm or
Sun, Mar 1st from 1 - 3:30pm
The cost is $29 and you will go home with stamp set, A Budding Friendship along with 6 cards and envelopes.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamps: A Budding Friendship; Assorted Edges; Say It In Style
Paper: Scaredy Cat
Cardstock: Colonial White; Pixie; Thistle; Sunset; Slate
Ink: Creme Brulee; Sunset; Thistle; New England Ivy; Pear; Lagoon; Versamark
Embellishments: Colonial White Embossing Powder; Gold Bling Gems
Tools: Scallop Border Punch
Other: Watercolour paper

2 comments:

  1. Go you! I think that flowers may just be your thing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scaredy Cat was a paper pack that I never purchased... Not into the Halloween thing. However, seeing your last few posts, I am reconsidering my decision because you have shown that it can be used in such a beautiful, feminine way. Love the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!