Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bokeh on my Cards with Colour!

Wow, first let me say. it was the most gorgeous day in Victoria today. A no jacket with gardening glove requirement, kind of day! I got my tomato patch weeded and some Primulas planted. We have never had the local deer come into our yard, but we will see if these flowers attract them! Apparently they are high up on their menu!

Okay, on with the 2nd Bokeh cards....with colour!
 I started these cards with watercolour paper again. For the top one I used Thistle; Hollyhock; and Pixie ink to colour the background. While the watercolour paper was drying, I cut 1/2"; 3/4"; and 1" hearts out of a transparency. A note for when you cut shapes to use for this technique: move your blade about 3 to 4 inches in between each size or shape, so you have room around each image for the ink that will be spread as you pounce it through the shape.

When my watercolour piece was dry, I embossed this sentiment with Colonial White embossing powder and Versamark. I used Hollyhock ink for the Bokeh effect with hearts. I used my Black Journaling Pen to add an outline, then added retired Hollyhock Twill Ribbon and coloured some Clear Sparkles to match. I added a Hollyhock mat and called it done.

For this next card, I used Canary; Hollyhock; and Lagoon ink for the background. I stamped the sentiment with Lagoon Pigment ink and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. I added the flowers with White Daisy Pigment ink. What happened next......see below!
After I added the flowers with White Daisy, I didn't feel like they were standing out enough...they seemed to be fading into the background too much. So, I thought I would try something to see if it would work. I busted out my retired Hollyhock die marker and drew an outline around each flower. Then I used my water brush and lightly brushed the lines so they would soften out. It worked great to push the White Daisy flower images back to the front!

I added Heartstrings paper and Turquoise Shimmer Trim, along with some Aqua Dots. I also added a Lagoon mat to finish this card.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamps: Your Own Kind of Wonderful; Big Hugs
Paper: Heartstrings
Ink:Canary; Lagoon; Hollyhock; Thistle; Pixie; Hollyhock, White Daisy, Lagoon Pigment; retired Hollyhock marker; Shin Han Marker; Versamark
Cardstock: Hollyhock; Lagoon; White Daisy
Embellishments: retired Hollyhock Twill Ribbon; Turquoise Shimmer Trim; Clear Sparkles; Aqua Dots
Tools: Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
Other: Watercolour paper; transparency

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards, Nancy! I love the shapes you used to sponge through. The hollyhock marker outline on the second card works great. Off to pin these beauties.....
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!