Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Watercolour with Laughing Lola

Well, the weather in Victoria has just been SPECTACULAR this last week. We are nearing the end of the first week of Spring Break and our annual flower count. Yes, this is when we gloat to the rest of Canada about how many flowers are actually in bloom, in Victoria. I have 3 beautiful Hellebore plants in full bloom, along with several types of Daffodils. My Camellia shrub already lost all of its blooms and my Heucheras are starting to get their showy leaves back. 

So, in enjoying flowers, here is a card in my 3rd set of watercolour flower cards. I used a retired stamp set with this lovely daisy and retired Laughing Lola paper.
I stamped this flower with Pixie Pigment ink for the petals and Canary for the centre, on watercolour paper, then added clear embossing powder. My watercolour colours were Hollyhock and Gypsy ink. I used Flaxen; Thistle and Pixie cardstock. I stamped the linen image from Assorted Edges on the Flaxen piece with the scalloped edge. The sentiment is stamped with Black ink from the Artfully Send sentiment set.

I added Flaxen Thick Twine; Pink Shimmer Trim; and Clear Sparkles that I coloured pink with Shin Han Alcohol markers. Finally, I added some Stardust Glitz to the centre of the flower.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: retired Laughing Lola
Stamp: Assorted Edges; Artfully Sent; retired flower set
Cardstock: White Daisy; Flaxen; Thistle; Pixie
Ink: Hollyhock; Gypsy; Black; Flaxen; Canary & Pixie Pigment ink; Shin Han Marker
Embellishments: Flaxen Thick Twine; Clear Sparkles; Stardust Glitz
Other: Watercolour paper


2 comments:

  1. Very cute watercolor cards! I am going to have to try this technique. Love the pink shimmer trim - it adds a little somethin' something".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, I bet it is gorgeous in real life with the little band of shimmer strip and the stardust glitter. Very nice!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!