Monday, May 11, 2015

A Challenge to start the week.

Today I decided to post a card I could link up to the Monthly Meetup Challenge over at Lil' Inker Designs.
This card was something I created after watching a great video about creating a rainbow background on watercolour paper. I also used a great assortment of dies from Lil' Inker Designs. 
For the water colour background, I first stamped this insane image from Botanical Backgrounds with Versamark. I call it an "insane" image because while it has a random pattern of leaves, flowers and other things.....it matches up perfectly as long as you don't rotate the image. I embossed with Black Embossing powder. I would suggest stamping the image and embossing each time. I made pencil marks where I thought the image would match up, but failed miserably matching up clear Versamark ink......doh!

Once I had the background embossing done, I smooshed Cotton Candy; Canary; Pear and Lagoon inks onto my All-Purpose Mat. I spritzed each with water, then just started to add the colour to the watercolour paper. Once I was satisfied with the colour, I let this piece dry, then I used the largest die from Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats - Rectangles. This die did not cut the outer edge of the paper, but simply cut stitching lines around the outside.

Then I took Pear; Thislte; and Lagoon cardstock and cut them with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Slopes and Hills wafer dies. These dies allow you to add curvy stitches, then cut the edge to match the stitches or not. Once I had each edge stitched and cut, I stuck the 3 layers together. Then I used another Lil' Inker Designs die to cut this stacked, stitched piece. I also used Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats - Ovals to cut the piece for the stamped sentiment from CTMH's April SOTM Typed Note.

I cut 3 flowers with CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and stamped them with a retired stamp set. I added Gold Sequins to each flower and some Stardust Glitz to the centre of those. I tied them up with Thistle Extra Thick Twine.

All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Stamp: April SOTM Typed Note; retired Lucy WOTG
Cardstock: Pear; Thistle; Lagoon; White Daisy
Ink: Cotton Candy; Canary; Pear; Lagoon; Black; Thistle; Versamark
Embellishments: Gold Sequins; Stardust Glitz; Thistle Extra Thick Twine
Other: Watercolour paper; Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats - Rectangle & Oval; Simon Says Stamp Stitched Slopes & Hills



1 comment:

  1. Oh your background came out so awesome!!!! I'm so glad you linked this to our Monthly Meetup Challenge. It was so nice to be able to come by and see your project here on your blog. I hope you'll join us again! ~Laura Lil' Inker Designs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!