Monday, May 4, 2015

Mother's Day is coming up!

I have been creating Mother's Day cards, like crazy. It is, after all, the most important day of every year! I will feature Mother's Day cards all week!
I used our glorious Paper Fundamentals for the patterned paper, on this card. I matted with Lagoon and White Daisy cardstock. I tied things up with Lagoon Baker's Twine and added a Clear Sparkle that I coloured with our Shin Han Alcohol Markers.

For the watercolour piece, I first embossed a retired flower image on watercolour paper, with Clear Embossing Powder. I smooshed Flaxen; Glacier; and Sunset ink on my All Purporse Mat. I spritzed each colour with some water with a Spray Pen. With a paint brush, I just started to apply each colour in thirds, then let the colour move around as it wanted. Once the piece was dry, I spritzed it with water and added some more colour so it was more vibrant. I stamped the sentiment with Black ink, then overstamped it with Versamark. I added clear embossing powder to it, them used my heat gun to emboss.

All supplies are Close to My Heart, unless noted.
Stamp: Artfully Sent Sentiment set; retired flower
Paper: Paper Fundamentals Whimsy Assortment; Lagoon; White Daisy
Ink: Flaxen; Glacier; Sunset; Black; Versamark; Shin Han Alcohol Markers
Embellishments: Clear Sparkle; Lagoon Baker's Twine
Other: Watercolour paper; Stitched Die

2 comments:

  1. So, so pretty. I wish I still had that stamp set now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Nancy! I love all the fabulous layers and the watercolored background.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!