Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Anything Goes

Oh, how I love an Anything Goes Challenge, like the one at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.

This is my second post for today, as I get prepared to head to Disneyland for Close To My Heart's annual convention. We are going to spend a few days on the beach first, at our favourite spot in Yachats, Oregon. After a week of fun in Disneyland, then we'll make our way to Portland for some back to school shopping. I will also celebrate my birthday in the "Keep it Weird" city! I will try to schedule some posts while I am gone or post some pics of our travels along the way.
I used some of my favourite things for this card. First, the gorgeous Blossom patterned paper for the base, with Lagoon cardstock. I added one of the zip strips alongside some Turquoise Shimmer Trim. I also used my Scallop Border punch on the Lagoon mat, just for a peek underneath the main piece.

I have found a new LOVE of watercolour backgrounds and thought these cute monsters from, Love Ya Silly, would work perfectly. I used Lagoon; Glacier and Flaxen ink on the watercolour paper, after I embossed the monsters. Once the piece was dry, I stamped the sentiment from Joyful Birthday and the stars from Doodled Designs, in Black ink. I added some Epoxy stars and a wee bit of drawing, with my Journaling pen, and this card is done!
All supplies are Close To My Heart, unless noted.
Paper: Blossom
Stamps: Doodled Designs; Love Ya Silly; Joyful Bithday
Ink: Glacier; Lagoon; Flaxen; Black; Versamark; Black Journaling Pen
Cardstock: White Daisy; Lagoon
Embellishments: Black Epoxy Stars; Turquoise Shimmer Trim
Other: Watercolour Paper


1 comment:

  1. How fun and cute is this card! Love the stamping and layering! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thank You!