Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Dreaming of a White Christmas?

I always dream of a White Christmas and remember all of the wonderful ones I enjoyed living in Saskatchewan. Since moving to Victoria, BC 24 years ago, I think we have only seen snow twice at Christmas. Once we were snowed in for 3 days and the other time was fleeting. The great thing, is I can make snowy looking Christmas cards every year!
I started by wiping my Glacier ink pad on a White Daisy piece of cardstock. Then I rubbed some Fern ink on the bottom of that same piece. I used the fir tree image from, Always Grateful, and stamped a few trees and their second generation images with Fern ink. Then I embossed the stamped piece and my White Daisy mat with my Circle Cascade Embossing folder. The great thing about embossing them together, is the snow pattern is continuous and an outline mark was left on my mat so placement was easy.

I added Glacier and Fern cardstock for mats on the stamped piece and Fern for the larger mat. I stamped a sentiment from, Season's Greetings, on Glacier cardstock, then added some Aqua Shimmer Trim. I also randomly added Stardust Glitz to some of the "snow" embossed circle, for extra sparkle. This is a 5 x 7 card that sells well at Christmas time.

All supplies are Close To My Heart.
Stamp: Always Grateful; Season's Greetings
Cardstock: Fern; Glacier; White Daisy
Ink: Glacier; Fern; Black
Embellishments: Aqua Shimmer Trim; Stardust Glitz


1 comment:

I love reading your comments, Thank You!